Subscribe to the Salt Shakers Journal
My Dream for Australia
Col Stringer sets out his vision for a nation that is founded on Biblical principles.
My View of Islam
Franklin Graham sets out his views on Islam and his concern for Muslim people following his comments on the religion of Islam.
* A report on actions around the world that relate to religious freedom. The UK House of Lords is debating a Bill called the Religious Offences Bill. This would be very similar to Victoria's Racial and Religious Tolerance Act.
* Germany has banned an ad for a free book on Christianity.
* The Pope organised a visit to Assissi and invited leaders from all the major faiths to join him to share their thoughts on peace.
Bigots - what are they?
Those who speak out against anything (especially homosexuality) are often called 'bigots'. Peter Stokes explores the meaning of the word bigot.
A Calm and Balanced Response
Two responses commending Christians on their balanced and compassionate approaches to disagreements. One was in a letter received from a homosexual journalist, commending us on our 'calm and reasonably balanced approach'.
Three articles on lesbian and homosexual parenting:
Victoria: A lesbian couple are in the Family Court, claiming that they do not their son to have access to his father, who was a sperm donor.
UK Study: Sociologist Patricia Morgan has published a book titled Children as Trophies? Which analyses all the studies done on homosexual parenting. She found that the healthiest way to bring up children is within traditional marriage and that children raised by homosexual couples suffer serious problems later in life.
US: The American Academy of Pediatrics has issued a statement supporting homosexual adoption.
Freemasonry - Church and State
Several short articles on freemasonry:
1. An Anglican church in NSW has written a letter to freemasons in their congregation, stating that they could not continue in fellowship if they remained freemasons.
2. An article in the Courier Mail explored the relationship between freemasonry , the police and the advantage that can be gained through being a freemason.
3. Freemasons in Victoria are more open and want to improve their public image. (Article in Herald Sun)
Breaking Free - from Freemasonry
A testimony from a couple who have been freed from the influences of freemasonry and are now helping others do the same.
mardi gras 2002
The sponsors of mardi gras and the politicians messages of support. Amnesty International supports Mardi gras and Premier Bob Carr waives fees worth $325,000. Addresses are given so you can TAKE ACTION!
Marijuana - soft talk, hard drug
The latest research on marijuana. Peter Stokes explores the fallacies in the research and reveals the truth that marijuana is a DANGEROUS drug.
News and Action
* Aiding Suicide: former homosexual charged with aiding the suicide of his homosexual partner who had AIDS.
* Increase in STDs in Australia.
* Coroner decides that she doesn't have the jurisdiction to rule on a dwarf abortion case at the Royal Womens Hospital, Melbourne.
* Band that used strippers in video gets government grant.
* ACT Abortion Bill debate.
* IKEA ad shows homosexuality.
* California- same sex unions bill withdrawn.
* ICC has 47 ratifications.
* Abortion: family awarded $2.2 m for daughter who died during an abortion.
* Abortion training for doctors in NY.
* UN expert says abortion hazardous.
* BMJ article on depression following abortion.
* IVF and cerebral palsy.
* Abstinence education in New Jersey.
* Pro-life march in USA.
* Dianne Pretty appeals to European Court of Human Rights.
* Norway MP 'marries' homosexual partner.