Statement of Faith
The following Statement of Faith is the basis of Salt Shakers' work and ministry.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. The Bible is God’s word to us and it is the ultimate authority by which we live.
2. God is one God in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God who, as a real man, lived on earth
4. Every person has rebelled against God (we call this “sin”) and so is separated from God (Romans 3:23; 5:12).
5. All people may be reunited with God, having their sin and its effects cancelled because of Jesus’ perfect life, death and rising from the dead as our substitute. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Ephesians 2:8-9).
6. To be reunited with God it is necessary for us to turn away from our sins, to accept what Jesus has done on our behalf, and believe in him. (Acts 2:28)
7. When we do this, the Holy Spirit enters our lives to renew us and to help us to grow more like Jesus. (John 16:8-14; 1 Peter 1:2: Ephesians 4:30).
8. One day everyone will rise from the dead to be judged by Jesus Christ.