Salt Shakers - Objectives
The SALT SHAKERS ministry has been formed to encourage and equip Christians to express their faith in a number of public areas, including ethical, economic and political. Salt Shakers began in 1994.
Salt Shakers is a ministry devoted to:
- Educating the church about the need for action on ethical matters.
- Alerting Christians about specific ethical issues affecting the community.
- Equipping Christians by giving up-to-date information and offering a Christian perspective on topical issues.
- Orchestrating specific action. This could include letter writing and lobbying of politicians, councillors, commissions, radio/TV stations, newspapers and businesses.
- Praying about these issues.
All those who have a desire to see a Biblical standard of righteousness upheld in the public arena are invited to become involved.
Salt Shakers monitors the issues and provides an E-News email service. This is free, but we rely on the financial support of our readers.
[Until the end of 2012 we produced a monthly Journal.] We also have separate email lists on Islam and Global Warming.
Our website provides a wide range of information on the issues.
Subscribe to our free E-News service